The Mission of Elmore Academy
The primary mission of Elmore Academy is to change the lives of at risk youth and prepare them for the future.
Basic premises of the program are as follows:
- Delinquent behavior will not persist in a community where staff and student leaders are unified in consistently supporting pro-social behavior and intervening during negative behavior.
- As a group, delinquents have substantial undeveloped academic, athletic and vocational potential, which can be realized in a supportive and challenging environment that provides a range of programs broad enough to accommodate diverse student skills and interests.
- Students returning to their home communities can withstand and overcome the considerable negative influences in their environments, when armed with:
- An awareness of the powerful role of peer influence.
- An acceptance of personal responsibility for their own success or failure.
- The experience of acclaim for academic, vocational and personal growth.
- The pride of earning respect from peers and staff.
- The habit seeking and offering help to others
- Educational, social, and vocational skills adequate to compete in the job market.
When combined and implemented, these premises create a program, which produce a positive impact on the lives of the students and the communities in which they live.